- The UAB CAMBAC hosted an Osteoimmunology Symposium on August 25, 2015. Click here for the agenda and lecture slides presented at the symposium
- All potential Fluidigm users are invited to attend a seminar on practical applications and use of Fluidigm technology. Click here for details
- Mark Walter, Ph.D., Professor of Microbiology and member of the CAMBAC at UAB, is seeking a way to detect — at the level of individual immune cells — exactly which interferons and which cells provoke lupus. Click here for details
- CAMBAC hosted a Special Seminar Presentation by Roberta Faccio, PhD, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Orthopedics, Washington University St. Louis. Click here for details
- UAB's Amhad Javed, PhD probes role of a master gene in skeletal formation - Click here for more
- Dr. Richard M. Pope - the 2015 recipient of the Howard and Martha Holley Research Prize in Rheumatology. For details about the prize, click here
CAMBAC Research Day - 2015
Goals of the Center
- To generate new understanding of the mechanisms of arthritis, musculoskeletal, bone, and autoimmune diseases and apply this knowledge to improve the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of these conditions.
- To promote and integrate fundamental, translational, and clinical research with clinical care of patients with arthritis, musculoskeletal, bone, and autoimmune diseases.
- To educate the public about arthritis, musculoskeletal, bone, and autoimmune diseases and how they can partner with us to achieve our goals of better ways to diagnose, treat, and prevent these conditions.
- To train future investigators and health care professionals in arthritis, musculoskeletal, bone, and autoimmune diseases.