Only electronic applications via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) are accepted for Internal Medicine residency positions. We do not accept any applications that are mailed or faxed to our office.
U.S. medical students should contact their Dean’s Office for access to the ERAS system. IMG’s must apply for residency through ERAS by contacting the ECFMG.
We do NOT offer any pre-match positions.
The following documents are required by our program for your NRMP file to be considered complete and ready for review by our intern selection committee:
- Current Photo
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcript
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Dean’s Letter
- USMLE Step 1 Score Report
- USMLE Step 2 Score Report
- For International Graduates, copy of your ECFMG certificate, if available.
- Categorical Track (NRMP # 1007140C0)
3-year Traditional, Primary Care, or Women’s Health Track
- Preliminary Track (NRMP # 1007140P0)
1-year Internal Medicine before continuing on into another specialty
- ABIM Research Pathway (NRMP # 1007140C2)
Research and clinical program for clinician scientists
- Combined Internal Medicine-Medical Genetics Program (NRMP # 1007766C0)
5 year combined Internal Medicine and Genetics training
- Combined Internal Medicine – Pediatrics Program (NRMP # 1007700C0)
4 year combined Internal Medicine and Pediatrics training
- Graduation date less than five years from the year that you are applying.
- Minimum score requirements for USMLE Steps: 210 on USMLE Step 1 and 220 on USMLE Step 2.
- USMLE Step 1- You must submit your Step 1 results with your application for your application to be considered by our program.
- USMLE Step 2- A passing USMLE Step 2 CK score must be posted in ERAS prior to the NRMP rank list submission date for you to be considered for our rank list.
- Due to the highly competitive applications received by our program, we require that all USMLE steps be passed on the first attempt.
- For International graduates, we sponsor an H1-B and a J-1 visa.
- For International graduates, you must hold the standard Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate. You do not have to be certified when applying; however, you must be certified by the match date.
- Hands on US Clinical experience is not a requirement for our program, however it is highly preferred. This does not include observerships or research.