Internet Resources & Tools
NICHD Neonatal Research Network: Extremely Preterm Birth Outcome Data
This Web- based tool is designed to help better inform health care professionals and families about possible infant outcomes (EGA 22-25 wks) based on standardized assessment. The tool uses study data to calculate an infant's probability of health survival. These data are not intended to be predictive of individual infant outcomes. Instead, the data provide a range of possible outcomes based on specific characteristics.
Lister Hill Library
E-Journals, E-Books, PubMed and other resources can be found here.
Resources below identified by David Miner, MD, former ObGyn resident
- Primeanswers - Multiple evidence-based medicine links
- Cochrane Database - Topic-indexed database
- Best Evidence - Evidence-based medicine screened topic database
- Clinical Evidence - Evidence-based medicine screened topic database
- National Guideline Clearinghourse - Evidence-based medicine screened topic database
- InfoPOEMS - Evidence-based medicine screened topic database
- Netting the Evidence - Links to evidence-based medicine resources
- MDConsult - Evidence-based medicine screened topic database; Subscription-only, however some sections are available through LHL if you access the site from a campus computer.
- UpToDate - Evidence-based medicine screened topic database; subscription-only
- Pubmed - Topic-indexed journal database
- NLM - The National Library of Medicine
- Healthfinder - Government-sponsored patient health information gateway
- Childbirth - One of the best of many pregnancy-oriented sites
- MedlinePlus - Patient friendly medical topic database
- WebMD - Patient medical topic database
- Emedicine - Quick summary on medical topics
- Prescription Desk - Patient-oriented pharmaceutical info
- Free Medical Journals - Links to online journals
- The Trocar - Gynecologic laparoscopy journal
- American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- OBGYN Linx - Headlines in OB/Gyn
- MD Linx - Headlines in medicine by specialty
- Internet Scientific Publications - Online scientific journals
- OBGYN Net - Multiple links to articles and topics
- MD Net Guide - Good Palm, EBM, articles, and other links
- ACOG - Guidelines, employment, meetings, etc.
- Society of Maternal-Fetal Medicine - Fellowship information, events, etc.
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine - Guidelines, events, etc.
- Society of Gynecologic Oncologists - Guidelines, events, etc.
- NASPAG - Pediatric Gynecology
- ACGME - Stats log-ins and more
- AAMC - Association of American Medical Colleges, Resident Resources - Fellowships, Debt Management
- FREIDA - AMA fellowship and residency database
- National Consortium of Residents - National residency, hospital, fellowship info site
- Yahoo or Google Image - Diagrams, images, etc.
- Female Genital Pathology - Extensive images and explanations
- Webpathology Online - Genitourinary path slides and explanations
- ASCCP - Colposcopy review
- SonoWorld - Ultrasound image cases
- Virtual Hospital - Cases, images, topics, etc.
- MyPACS - Over 40000 radiology images and cases
- ACLS - ACLS reviews, EKGs, quizzes, etc.
- UAB Obstetrical Complications Clinic - OBCC Guidelines
- eMedicine - Topics, differential diagnosis, images, EKG cases, radiology, pearls, etc.