Faculty Profiles: Jimmy Caudell, M.D., Ph.D.
Jimmy Caudell, M.D., Ph.D.
Adjunct Assistant Professor
My research interest involves reducing the side effects from radiation treatments for head and neck cancer. Specifically, we are exploring planning methods and radiation parameters that may help reduce swallowing and salivary problems.
Phone (601) 815-6910
|Education and Postdoctoral Training:
- BS Texas A&M University, 1995
- PhD University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 2000
- MD University of Texas Medical School at Houston, 2004
- Internship - University of Texas Medical School at Houston, 2004-2005
- Residency - University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2005 - 2009
- Faculty appointment - University of Mississippi, 2009 - present
- Adjunct Faculty appointment - University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2009 - present
Please click on "Publications" to view a full listing.
|Awards / Honors:
- Blackburn Endowment Resident Physics Award 2009
- ASTRO IMRT Practicum Travel Grant 2008
- Best of ASCO Travel Grant 2006
- GSBS Travel Award 1998
- Honorable Mention, NSF Minority Graduate Research Fellowship 1996
- GSBS Research Assistantship 1995
- National Merit Scholarship 1993
- National Merit Award 1993
- McFadden Scholarship 1993
- President’s Achievement Scholarship 1993