Faculty Profiles: Ivan A. Brezovich PhD
Ivan Brezovich, Ph.D.
Director, Division of Radiation Physics
"An area of great interest to me is the effect of temperature on tumors and normal tissues. Currently, the potential of reducing the strong skin reactions frequently associated with radiotherapy by cooling the skin of the patient during treatment. Other areas of interest include brachytherapy, Sterotactic Radiosurgery, IMRT, and quality assurance."
Hazelrig-Salter Radiation Oncology Center
1700 6th Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35249
|Education and Postdoctoral Training:
- B.S.-Physics & Mathematics-University of Vienna, Austria, 1968
- M.S.-Physics-University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1971
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)-Physics-University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1977
Please click on "Publications" to view a full listing.
|Awards / Honors:
- Elected To American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM)-Board of Directors, 2009-2011
- Outstanding Alumni Award-UAB School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, 2007
- Fellow, American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO)
- Fellow, American College of Medical Physics (ACMP)
- Fellow, American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM)