Faculty Profiles: Jun Duan PhD
Jun Duan, Ph.D.
Dr. Duan is an Associate Professor in the Radiation Physics Division. His major research interests include motion management, respiratory gating, intensity modulated radiation therapy, radiation oncology imaging, image-based 3-D brachytherapy, and development of novel treatment techniques. Dr. Duan has published 45 scientific research articles on major peer reviewed journals and over 90 abstracts.
Hazelrig-Salter Radiation Oncology Center
1700 6th Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35249
|Education and Postdoctoral Training:
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering – ECN University – Shanghai, China – 1985
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Physics – Florida State University – Tallahassee, FL – 1992
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Medical Physics – University of Florida, Gainesville, FL – 1995
Please click on "Publications" to view a full listing.
|Awards / Honors:
- AAPM Award for Best Paper finalist, “Dosimetric Effect of Respiration-gated Beam on IMRT Delivery”, Med Phys 30(8), pp2241-2252, 2004
- SEAAPM Best Paper Award, “Dosimetric Effect of Respiration-gated Beam on IMRT Delivery”, Med Phys 30(8), pp2241-2252, 2004
- The Fourth Eastern Regional Conference on Crystal Growth Travel Award, October 1991