Faculty Profiles: Kevin P Raisch PhD
Kevin P. Raisch, Ph.D.
"I am interested in identifying novel compounds as radiosensitizng agents for the treatment of cancers. Many of these compounds are isolated from plants, marine specimens or amphibians. I screen the natural products or analogs of these products for cytotoxicity and radiosensitization. Also, I am interested in using antibodies and single-chain antibodies to target chemotherapy agents directly to the tumor cells."
Sally B. Lagan
Phone (205) 934-0040
Hazelrig-Salter Radiation Oncology Center
1700 6th Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35233
|Education and Postdoctoral Training:
- B.S. Iowa State University, Microbiology, 1981
- M.S. Iowa State University, Microbiology, 1986
- Ph.D. Colorado State University, Microbiology, 1989
- Postdoctoral: Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Oncology Research, 1989-1992
Please click on "Publications" to view a full listing.
|Awards / Honors:
- Athletic-Scholarship Award, West Delaware High School, Manchester, IA, 1976
- Teaching Assistant Fellow Award, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO. 1987
- National Research Service Award, Department of Health and Human Services, NIH, Bethesda, MD. 1990-1992