Faculty Profiles: Richard Popple
Richard Popple, Ph.D.
Medical Physics Residency Director
Head of Treatment Design and Delivery
"My research interests are centered on intensity modulated radiation therapy, treatment plan optimization, novel treatment planning techniques, and the clinical implementation of new technologies. My clinical interests are focused on treatment process development and improvement of treatment efficiency."
Hazelrig-Salter Radiation Oncology Center
1700 6th Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35249
|Education and Postdoctoral Training:
- Auburn University, B.S., June 1988
- Rice University, M.A.; May 1991
- Rice University, Ph.D.; May 1996
- Rice University, Postdoctoral Fellowship, 1996-1998
- The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Postdoctoral Fellowship; 1998-2000
Please click on "Publications" to view a full listing.
|Awards / Honors:
- National Merit scholarship, 1984-1988
- Sigma Pi Sigma, 1986
- Alpha Epsilon Delta, 1986
- Phi Kappa Phi, 1988
- Magna Cum Laude graduate, Auburn University, 1988
- University Scholar, Auburn University, 1988