External Radiation Therapies : Stereotactic Radiosurgery
Leaders in Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- UAB has over 16 years of radiosurgery experience
- Nearly 200 years of radiosurgery combined experience for faculty and staff
- The largest radiosurgery program in the South East
- Thousands procedures of experience
- Unique multidisciplinary approach to patient diagnoses and treatment planning/delivery
- Multiple technology options for optimal treatment plan
- Most precise treatment method for cranial radiosurgery and stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT)
The UAB Radiosurgery Program is one of the most experienced programs in the United States. Our goal is to offer every patient compassionate, superior care by maximizing the value of our encounter with the patient. The UAB Radiosurgical Program accomplishes this in a number of ways. First and foremost is the unique collaborative effort between surgeons and radiation oncologists who are members of UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center. This unique approach provides every patient with a thoughtful and thorough evaluation of his/her situation and therapeutic options. Second is the broad array of contemporary radiosurgical technology that is available to optimally carry out the treatment plan. Finally, we follow-up with each patient and focus on outcome such that treatments can be optimized as we understand more about the value of our approach to the spectrum of disorders you’ll see in this web site.
Please select any of the following links to obtain more information on the different radiosurgical treatment and technologies we offer.