• What if I don't want to enroll in the study?

    ​If you don't want to participate in a particular study, then don't. Regardless of why you might choose to not participate, it is against federal guidelines and University policy to offer preferential treatment to people who participate in studies or to discriminate against people who do not. If you feel that you are being pressured to participate in a study, please contact the UAB Office of the IRB (OIRB).

    In some cases, students must participate in a certain number of research studies as part of their coursework. You should always have an alternative to participation. In these cases, students who have a question about their participation should contact the course instructor or department chair.

    Contact The Office of the IRB

    Send e-mail by using the link above or
    Call 205-934-3789, or 855-860-3789