• What if I want or need to stop participating?
    ​If you have enrolled in a study and want or need to stop participating for any reason, you are free to do so. However, you should always notify the researchers if you decide to do so. If you are receiving a treatment as part of the study, it may be important to your safety. You can withdraw by telling the contact person on the Informed Consent document (if applicable). If you do not know the name of the contact person, you can contact the UAB Office of the IRB (OIRB) for information on how to withdraw from a particular study.

    Contact The Office of the IRB

    Send e-mail by using the link above or
    Call 205-934-3789, or 855-860-3789