Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who can participate in the UAB Health Administration Case Competition?
Answer: Any student enrolled in a CAHME-accredited graduate program may participate.
2. How many people can be on a team?
Answer: Teams may consist of between one and three team members.
3. How many teams can participate from each participating university?
Answer: Only one team per school.
4. How much does it cost to participate?
Answer: $ 275 per team member (up to 3 members)
$ 175 per faculty member (no limit)
$ 175 per student observer (no limit)
5. What is the role of the student observer?
Answer: They are welcome to attend all of the case competition events but they are NOT allowed to work on the case - the work should only be done by ONLY the official team members.
6. When does our team receive the case?
Answer: The case is typically distributed three (3) weeks prior to the competition.
7. Where is the UAB Health Administration Case Competition held?
Answer: We invite all participating teams to visit Birmingham, Alabama for the competition.
8. Why should our school/program participate?
- Networking opportunities with other graduate students and faculty members and a chance to interact with senior healthcare executives.
- Provide solutions to a "real world" issue.
- Translate what you've learned in the classroom to an actual situation.
- Enhance your presentation skills and have fun in the process!