- Counseling Services cannot provide counseling for people who are seriously mentally ill. This includes students with acute or chronic clinical conditions or those needing specialized services.
- When we are not able to provide services, Counseling Services will offer confidential referrals to other UAB and community agencies.
- We do not offer formal clinical diagnostic evaluations, nor do we dispense any medications.
- Doctoral and masters-level interns are employed at Counseling Services to help provide health and counseling services.
- It would be unethical for us to counsel students who are actively involved in personal counseling elsewhere.
- We provide personal counseling and other services to any UAB student without regard to gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, or national origin.