Fall 2016 Workshops
- Walk-In Workshop for Nursing Application Essays | September 6 from 11:00-1:00 | With Pre-Nursing Advisers and Career & Professional Development | Location: Hill Student Center, Ballroom A
- The Research Process: From Topics to Sources | Rescheduled for October 25 | With Sterne Library | Location: Sterne 174
- Learn the MLA 8th Edition Rules | November 1 from 3:00-4:00 | With Sterne Library | Location: Sterne 174
Accelerate Your Dissertation
Are you working on a dissertation and needing support? Check out Accelerate Your Dissertation, monthly workshops hosted by the UAB Graduate School. This semester's AYD sessions are on September 21, October 5, and November 2. All are from noon-1:00 PM in Sterne 174. Please check out the flyer for additional information, including how to register. In addition to attending Accelerate Your Dissertation sessions, dissertation writers are encouraged to make appointments with UWC tutors for one-on-one help.
Workshops for CoursesThe UWC offers a menu of presentations that we can do for whole classes. We do these upon instructor request. If you are an instructor interested in scheduling a 15-minute presentation on one of the following topics, please email UWC Director Jaclyn Wells with your preferred date and the meeting time and location for your course. Please note that one-on-one consultations are our priority, so we may not be able to accomodate last minute requests or requests for workshops during busy weeks.
- Acknowledging Sources & Avoiding Plagiarism
- Understanding the Assignment
- Common Grammar Errors
- Writing Professional Email
- Giving Peer Feedback
Faculty members can request classroom visits to inform their students about the writing center. In only 15 minutes, we can explain our services and encourage students to take advantage of what we offer. We are happy to visit your classroom or hold the orientation in the UWC—your choice! Please contact Jaclyn Wells for more information.