Unless otherwise noted, all workshops are held in Sterne Library, Room 174.
Spring 2015 Workshops
- Tuesday, February 3, 3:00-4:00: Visual Analysis
- Monday, March 2, 3:00-4:00: APA & MLA Formatting
- Tuesday, March 3, 3:00-4:00 (Sterne 163): Incorporating Sources
- Tuesday, April 7, 3:00-4:00: Editing for Clarity & Style
Accelerate Your Dissertation
Are you working on a dissertation and in need of support? Check out Accelerate Your Dissertation, monthly workshops hosted by the UAB Graduate School and University Writing Center. Workshops run from 11:00 AM-1:00 PM in Sterne 174; laptops provided for sessions. Click here to register.
Workshop dates and themes are below:
- January 21: Heavy Lifting: Writing a Proposal/Literature Review
- February 18: Working the Plan: Time Management for Dissertators
- March 18: Crossing the Finish Line: Completing the Manuscript
The UWC mainly provides one-on-one consultations for students, but occasionally, a workshop with an entire class is appropriate. The UWC can create workshops for courses upon request. If you request a workshop for your class, you can expect UWC staff to work with you to create a workshop that best fits your students' specific needs. If you would like to request a workshop for your course, please contact UWC Director Jaclyn Wells at email@example.com.
Faculty members can request classroom visits to inform their students about the writing center. In only 15 minutes, we can explain our services and encourage students to take advantage of what we offer. We are happy to visit your classroom or hold the orientation in the UWC—your choice! Please contact Jaclyn Wells for more information.