- Candidate must have a GPA of at least 3.0 on previous Class A coursework.
- Candidate must provide documentation of the following before being admitted to the School Psychometry Program:
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Verification of Class B and Class A certificates
- Negative TB Skin Test results (within last three years)
- Evidence of Criminal Background Clearance
- Documentation of Two Years, Full-Time, Satisfactory Educational Experience (Supplemental Experience Form)
- Before admission to the School Psychometry Program, the candidate must meet with the School Psychometry Program Director, Dr. Corcoran, to review transcripts and participate in an initial advisory meeting.
Welcome to the Department of Curriculum and Instruction
As part of a great research university, our department offers a broad range of undergraduate and graduate degrees. Our programs are fully accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
The Department of Curriculum & Instruction faculty are internationally and nationally recognized providing expertise in their respective disciplines. Through teaching, scholarship, and service, faculty contribute to the development of dynamic teachers and educational communities in a global society.
We welcome your inquiries into our programs as you seek opportunities to touch the world through the education profession. Go Blazers!
Turning students into teachers and teachers into leaders
Teacher preparation is our specialty. We offer programs for undergraduate and graduate students who are seeking initial teacher certification as well as programs for veteran teachers seeking advanced degrees and certifications. Whether you're an undergraduate student seeking to enter the profession, a career changer in pursuit of a teaching degree, or a practicing teacher interested in furthering your career, the UAB Department of Curriculum and Instruction can help you achieve your goal.