- Class A certification: teaching field, instructional leadership, counseling, library media or school psychometry
- 3 full years of full-time teaching: EXP http://public.alsde.edu/office/otl/tc/Renewals/SUPPLEMENT%20EXP.pdf
- 3.25 GPA on degree-issuing master's transcript from a regionally accredited college
- Miller Analogies Test (score 388) or Graduate Record Exam (score of 290 current or 850 former)
- Portfolio showing TL potential: http://www.uab.edu/esl/images/Teacher_Leader_Admission_Process.pdf
The advisor for all students in the EdS Teacher Leader program is Dr. Susan Spezzini, Program Director (firstname.lastname@example.org), 205-934-8357. It is recommended that graduate students meet with their advisor at least once a year, either individually or during full class advising. Such advising can also take place by phone or email.
1. Students must maintain a high GPA - 3.25 is required for an EdS.
2. Students should submit an Application for Degree to the Office of Student Services (EB 100) at least 7 months before they intend to graduate. The deadlines are posted on the C&I Department website.
3. Students should submit a certification application to the Office of Student Services (EB 100) at the beginning of the term when they intend to graduate. Instructions are provided in the respective certification application handbooks on the OSS website.
4. Students are expected to post the course-specific assessment artifacts on their electronic TaskStream portfolio each semester.
Whenever students have a question or concern, it is their responsibility to seek advising from the EdS program advisor.