2. When you receive your admission letter, you will be given the name and email of your advisor. As soon as possible, contact your advisor and ask for an advising appointment. Try to meet with your advisor each semester, especially when registering for courses. Whenever you need advice about your program, please be sure to contact your advisor.
3. Submit your Application for Degree to the Office of Student Services (EB 100) at least 7 months before you intend to graduate. For more information call the Office of Student Services at 934-7530 or visit their website at www.uab.edu/soestudentservices.
4. Submit your application for certification to the Office of Student Services (EB 100) at the beginning of the term you intend to graduate. For more information call the Office of Student Services at 934-7530 or visit their website at www.uab.edu/soestudentservices.
5. Comprehensive exam - If you were admitted on an earlier checklist, you will probably be required to take a comprehensive exam during the last term of your program. See your advisor for additional information
6. The best way to look for a teaching job is: UAB Career Services
Welcome to the Department of Curriculum and Instruction
As part of a great research university, our department offers a broad range of undergraduate and graduate degrees. Our programs are fully accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
The Department of Curriculum & Instruction faculty are internationally and nationally recognized providing expertise in their respective disciplines. Through teaching, scholarship, and service, faculty contribute to the development of dynamic teachers and educational communities in a global society.
We welcome your inquiries into our programs as you seek opportunities to touch the world through the education profession. Go Blazers!
Education Building 100