If you are seeking admission to the TVI program, you should follow the guidelines provided below. Whenever you have any questions during this application process, you should contact Dr. Diane Pevsner at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Go to the ApplyYourself website. Create an account, write down your username and password, and log out. After receiving an email from the ApplyYourself website, you should log in and proceed with submitting an application. NOTE: If you submitted another type of application to UAB in the past, you will need to create a new ApplyYourself account.
2. Plan to submit all required application materials by the admission deadline:
April 1st for summer admission
July 1st for fall admission
November 1st for spring admission
3. Submit a Degree-Seeking Application to the Graduate School for admission to your degree program.
4. Pay $45 ($60 for international students*) online with a credit card.
NOTE: Mailing a check will severely delay your admission
5. Request official transcripts from all colleges attended (even if just for one course and even if you happened to take that course during high school). Request that your former colleges send official transcripts directly to each of these addresses:
UAB Graduate School
1720 2nd Avenue South-HUC 511
Birmingham, AL 35294-1150
UAB School of Education
Office of Student Services
1720 2nd Avenue South-EB 100
Birmingham, AL 35294-1250
6. Periodically check the status of your application by clicking here: Check Admission Status. You may also inquire about your status by contacting the Graduate School (205-934-8227 email@example.com ). Once you receive confirmation that all of your application materials have been received, it will take approximately 4 to 6 weeks for your application to be processed. If you are experiencing difficulties in confirming the receipt of your application materials, you should contact Dr. Emfinger: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. You will receive a letter from the Graduate School congratulating you on your admission as a degree-seeking student. You will also receive an email from the Department of Curriculum and Instruction (C&I) at the School of Education (SOE). This email will probably provide information about your major and your advisor.
8. As soon as you can, follow through with all instructions provided in your admission letter from the Graduate School especially with respect to processing your BlazerID and UAB email.
9. After you have obtained your BlazerID and email, you will be able to register for classes. Depending on when you register, there will be a deadline for paying the first half of your tuition. Failure to meet this deadline will cause you to be automatically dropped from your courses, and you will need to pay a reinstatement fee.