Explore UAB

Equal Access Birmingham’s Annual Heart + Sole 5K Run, promoting health and wellness in the Birmingham community, is our largest fundraising event. All proceeds from the fundraiser will be used to support the operations of Equal Access Birmingham through the EAB Gift and Endowment Fund.

Event Details

Saturday, February 10, 2024
Virtual 5K Race
Registration Details

This year's Heart + Sole 5K is brought to you by our amazing sponsors:

Gold Sponsors

UABHSOM LogoHyde Engineering logo

OLS LogoFCM logo
UAB Sports and Exercise Medicine logo 1 5
Silver Sponsors

DOM typemarkSOPH color with R centered
MAA Logo     CCHS CapstoneALogoRadiology Logo

Bronze Sponsors

UAB Informatic Institute Logo       UAB Health System without tagline GreenBlack
UAB Pediatrics Logo
CCTS Standard Color HiDef 01 logo           Neurology Logo
UCDC Worded LogoUAB Honors College Logo

COERE Vertical Logo 2021 High Res      Emery Park Logo

Support the Equal Access Birmingham Clinic 

Without the support of our generous donors, the Equal Access Birmingham Clinic simply could not exist. We aim to be good stewards of your contribution. We use 80% of all donations to provide medications and additional medical services for patients. The remaining 20% is used to support the general operations of the clinic.  Please read the list below to see how we plan to utilize your donation to improve the care of our patients and expand our services this year.  Thank you in advance for your support!

Diagnostic Tools

  • EKG Machine (~$1,500)
  • Ultrasound Machine (~$35,000)
  • A1C Monitor

Medical Supplies

  • Chronic Care medication including but is not limited to the management of hypertension, heart disease, type II diabetes, COPD, depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety, hypothyroidism, bacterial infections, fungal infections, allergic reactions, allergies
  • Cartridges and maintenance for I-Stat Handheld blood analyzer
  • EpiPen
  • Nicotine gum
  • Flu shot and other vaccines
  • Blood glucose strips
  • Phlebotomy equipment
  • Pill bottles
  • Gloves


  • Security guard
  • blank labels for patients’ charts
  • printer cartridges, toner, and printer paper
  • general cleaning supplies

Long-term Vision

  • provide rapid testing for HIV infection at each weekly clinic
  • triennial Women’s Health Clinic
  • annual Cardiology Specialty Clinic
  • counseling services at bi-monthly Mental Health Clinic

Donate now