FAQs about Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
If you or a loved one are faced with a traumatic brain injury, you will likely have many questions. In this section you will find answers to some of the common questions along with resources for you to find additional information on your issue of concern.
- What is a TBI?
- What causes a TBI?
- How do doctors classify TBI?
- Is a concussion the same as a mild TBI?
- Do I have to be “knocked out” to have a TBI?
- What is important to know about youth & concussions in sports and play?
- What is a moderate TBI?
- What is a severe TBI?
- Can I have a TBI and not know it?
- Should I see a doctor?
- What is expected in recovering from a TBI?
- What can I do if a loved one experiences TBI?
- Where is the nearest TBI Model System of Care?