Welcome to the Alabama Hands-on Activity Science Program.
It is our mission to provide opportunities for teachers and administrators to extend their understanding and practice of inquiry-based teaching and learning as they help students explore, question, and construct scientific understanding of the world around them.
...FROM OUR PARTNERS:
- ALAHASP has provided hands-on instruction to our teachers and has clearly demonstrated its importance and place in the classroom.
- Students who do not like to read are asking me for more books on butterflies!
- This workshop has renewed my confidence in teaching science in the classroom.
- The entire module was wonderful. This will completely change the way I teach science.
- My students are more on task and willing to learn when they are engaged in science activities.
- My hands-on science class was the only class in the school to which the special needs students were mainstreamed. Once engaged, I could not tell the difference among the students.
- [ALAHASP staff}...have been exceptional in their quest for excellence. ...they have gone beyond the call of duty to ensure our success.