Honors Program in Foreign Languages
The Foreign Languages Honors Program is designed for qualified, self-motivated foreign languages majors. Through special course distribution and credit hours requirements, as well as a directed honors thesis, students are prepared for in-depth foreign language research and related graduate or professional opportunities.
Acceptance into the Foreign Languages Honors Program requires the student to:
- Be a Foreign Languages major
- Have at least sophomore standing
- Have at least 6 hours at the 300-level in UAB foreign languages courses
- Have at least a 3.25 GPA in UAB foreign languages courses
- Have at least an overall 3.0 GPA
- Have submitted a Formal Application for the Foreign Languages Honors Program to the Department Chair or have been recommended to the program by a member of the department.