The CCVC provides an important institutional mechanism for promoting basic, translational and outcomes research, as well as for drug and biomarker development in partnership with small business and industry. The newest innovations in research and investigative therapies in heart disease remain critical to attracting patients to the UAB hospital and clinics and serve to distinguish UAB from its clinical competitors.
Areas of Research Focus:
- Cardiac Reparative and Regenerative Medicine
- Cardiovascular Risk Factors and Prevention
- Heart Failure and Transplant
- Heart Rhythm Management
- Valvular and Congenital Heart Disease
- Vascular and Ischemic Heart Disease (including Stroke)