Dongquan Chen, PhD MSHI
Division of Preventive Medicine
Medical Towers 641
1717 11th Avenue South
Birmingham, Alabama 35205
Phone: (205) 975-7131
Fax: (205) 934-4262
- Informatics services for high throughput data including microarray and next generation sequencing (NGS)
- Integration of Medical Informatics and Bioinformatics through data mining and information system development
- Application of gene expression profiles for personalized medicine
- UAB, MS Health Informatics, Birmingham, AL, USA, 2002
- Mount Sinai -NYU Medical Center, PhD Biomedical Sciences, NY, USA, 1999
- Bethune Medical University, MD, Changchun, China, 1986
- American Society of Gene Therapy (ASGT)
- American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA)
Selected Recent Publications
- Sohn P, Cox M, Chen D, Serra R. Molecular profiling of the developing mouse axial skeleton: a role for Tgfbr2 in the development of the intervertebral disc. BMC Developmental Biology. 2010 Mar 9 10:29. PMID: 20214815.
- Jennings JA, Chen D, Feldman DS. .Upregulation of chemokine (C–C motif) ligand 20 in adult epidermal keratinocytes in direct current electric fields. The Archives of Dermatological Research. April 2010. 302(3):211-20. PMID: 19784662.
- Fulzele K, Riddle RC, DiGirolamo DJ, Cao X, Wan C, Chen D, Faugere MC, Aja S, Hussain MA, Brüning JC, Clemens TL. Insulin receptor signaling in osteoblasts regulates postnatal bone acquisition and body composition. Cell. 142(2):309-319. July 2010. PMID: 20655471.
- Jian B, Wang D, Chen D, Voss J, Bland K, Chaudry I, Raju R. Hypoxia induced alteration of mitochondrial genes in cardiomyocytes-augmentation of BNIP3 and PDK1. SHOCK. 34 (2): 169-175. August 2010. PMID: 20160671.
- Wang W, Rayburn ER, Velu SE, Nadkarni DH, Murugesan S, Chen D, Zhang R.. A novel synthetic iminoquinone, BA-TPQ, as an anti-breast cancer agent: in vitro and in vivo activity and mechanisms of action. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010 Sept 123(2):321-31. PMID: 19936915
- Duressa D, Soliman K, Chen D. Identification of aluminum responsive genes in Al-tolerant soybean line PI 416937. International Journal of Plant Genomics. 2010 Oct 3. PMCID: PMC2952814
- Duressa D, Soliman KM, Chen D. Gene Expression Profiling in Soybean under Aluminum Stress: III. Mechanisms of Magnetism Amelioration of Aluminum Toxicity at Gene Expression Level. Genome. 53(10): 787–797. October 2010. PMID: 20962885
- Crasto C, Luo D, Yu F, Forero A, Chen D. GenDrux: A biomedical literature search system to identify gene expression-based drug sensitivity in breast cancer. BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making. 11:28. 2011 May 5; 11(1):28. PMID: 21545721
- Jian B, Yang S, Chen D, Zou L, Chatham JC, Chaudry I, Raju R. Aging influences cardiac mitochondrial gene expression and cardiovascular function following trauma-hemorrhage. Molecular Medicine. 2011 May-June 2 17(5-6):542-9. PMCID: PMC3105128
- Jian B, Yang, S Chen D, Chaudry I, Raju R. Influence of aging and hemorrhage on Sirt1 expression: possible role of myc-Sirt1 regulation in mitochondrial function. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011 Nov:1812(11):1446-51. PMCID: PMC3155671
- Mansfield CW, Carr BR, Faye-Peterson NM, Chen D, Xing Y, Rainey WE, Parker CR. Differential gene expression in the adrenals of normal and anencephalic fetuses and studies focused on the Fras-1-related extracellular matrix protein (FREM2) gene.. Reproductive Sciences. 2011 Nov;18(11):1146-53 PMID: 22031191
- Individual Postdoctoral Fellowship in Applied Informatics from NLM/NIH. May 2001-April 2003
- Charles Brooks Award for Creativity, UAB School of Health Professions. 2002
- CUNY Fellowship for Ph.D. program in Biomedical Sciences. September 1993- September 1994