Where? Children's of Alabama - Birmingham, Alabama
What? To improve the health and well-being of our nation's children and youth, especially those with special health care needs.
How? Through graduate-level and post-doctoral training, patient and family care and education, research, consultation, and the provision of continuing education and technical assistance.
By providing interdisciplinary leadership training to health care professionals, we equip them to improve the health of children with respiratory conditions through the provision of family-centered care and enable them to serve as change-agents, positively impacting health care systems across America and beyond.
THE PPC TRAINING PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- graduate-level traineeships in social work, nutrition, respiratory care/health education, and nursing;
- post-doctoral fellowships in Pediatric Pulmonary medicine;
- continuing education for health care professionals;
- consultation and technical assistance;
- research to develop new treatment methods and improve patient care; and
- healthcare and education services for children and their families using an interdisciplinary team approach.
The Pediatric Pulmonary Center grant was successfully renewed in June 2010 for 5 years. The grant amount totals $1,725,000.