Happening in the Partnership:
- Partnership Investigator Received Prestigious Awards (July 26, 2012)
Partnership investigator Dr. E. Shyam Reddy received several awards and recognitions. They are:
- INTERNATIONAL GOLDSTAR AWARD, 2012 at Bangkok.
- BHARAT EXCELLENCE AWARD and Gold Medal, 2012 by FFI.
- BEST PERSONALITIES of INDIA Award and Gold Medal, 2012.
- SUPER ACHIEVERS of INDIA Award and Gold Medal, 2012.
- Partnership Investigators Received NIH R01 Grant (May 8, 2012)
Partnership investigators, Drs. Dan Blumenthal and Selina Smith, received an R01 grant to complete a 5-year colorectal cancer screening dissemination and implementation study in a consortium agreement with MSM.
- Partnership Health Disparities Research Training Program (HDRTP) announced its selection of 2012 scholars (March 30, 2012)
Full list of the scholars can be found on HDRTP web site
- Partnership Investigator Named Associate Director for Faculty Development and Education at UAB Division of Preventive Medicine (February 22, 2011)
A Partnership investigator, Dr. Isabel Scarinci, has agreed to serve as the UAB DIVISION OF PREVENTIVE MEDICINE Associate Director for Faculty Development and Education.
- Partnership Pilot Project Investigator Featured in UAB Article (February 15, 2011)
An UAB article titled "Targeting Platelet Production could be Strategy in Ovarian Cancer Therapy" featured Dr. Charles Landen's cancer research work.
- Partnership Article Featured Online at Global Medical Discovery (December 16, 2011)
An scientific article titled "Ubc9 mediates nuclear localization and growth suppression of BRCA1 and BRCA1a proteins" from Partnership team at Morehouse medical School was featured online at the Global Medical Discovery website.
Dr. Manne Named Associate Editor for BMC Cancer (November 15, 2011)Partnership member Dr. Upender Manne was named Associate Editor for BMC Cancer. BioMed Central Cancer (http://www.biomedcentral.com/bmccancer/about) is a prestiege open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of cancer research, including the pathophysiology, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancers. The journal welcomes submissions concerning molecular and cellular biology, genetics, epidemiology, and clinical trials. journal.