Happening in the Partnership:
- UAB’s Dr. Isabel Scarinci, featured on NCI’s Center to Reduce Cancer Health Disparities (CRCHD) news spotlight, “Ensuring Latina Immigrants Have Equal Breast and Cervical Cancer Care"
Dr. Scarinci, who was recently appointed the associate director for globalization and cancer at UAB’s Comprehensive Cancer Center, was also recently appointed honorary consul for Brazil by the U. S. Department of State. Dr. Scarinci’ s research efforts focus on establishing and sustaining efforts to ensure that Alabama’s African American and Latin American residents have appropriate access to cancer prevention and treatment. Her efforts to reduce cancer and health disparities also extend beyond state and national borders, as noted in her news feature. Recognized for her passion and leadership in community-based research, Dr. Scarinci infuses our Partnership with committed enthusiasm.
Please see the link below for more information on Dr. Scarinci’s CRCHD news spotlight –
- Partnership Investigator Received Prestigious Awards (July 26, 2012)
- INTERNATIONAL GOLDSTAR AWARD, 2012 at Bangkok.
- BHARAT EXCELLENCE AWARD and Gold Medal, 2012 by FFI.
- BEST PERSONALITIES of INDIA Award and Gold Medal, 2012.
- SUPER ACHIEVERS of INDIA Award and Gold Medal, 2012.
- Partnership Investigators Received NIH R01 Grant (May 8, 2012)
- Partnership Health Disparities Research Training Program (HDRTP) announced its selection of 2012 scholars (March 30, 2012)
- Partnership Investigator Named Associate Director for Faculty Development and Education at UAB Division of Preventive Medicine (February 22, 2011)
- Partnership Pilot Project Investigator Featured in UAB Article (February 15, 2011)
- Partnership Article Featured Online at Global Medical Discovery (December 16, 2011)
Dr. Manne Named Associate Editor for BMC Cancer (November 15, 2011)Partnership member Dr. Upender Manne was named Associate Editor for BMC Cancer. BioMed Central Cancer (http://www.biomedcentral.com/bmccancer/about) is a prestiege open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of cancer research, including the pathophysiology, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancers. The journal welcomes submissions concerning molecular and cellular biology, genetics, epidemiology, and clinical trials. journal.
Partnership investigator Dr. E. Shyam Reddy received several awards and recognitions. They are:
Partnership investigators, Drs. Dan Blumenthal and Selina Smith, received an R01 grant to complete a 5-year colorectal cancer screening dissemination and implementation study in a consortium agreement with MSM.
Full list of the scholars can be found on HDRTP web site
A Partnership investigator, Dr. Isabel Scarinci, has agreed to serve as the UAB DIVISION OF PREVENTIVE MEDICINE Associate Director for Faculty Development and Education.
An UAB article titled "Targeting Platelet Production could be Strategy in Ovarian Cancer Therapy" featured Dr. Charles Landen's cancer research work.
An scientific article titled "Ubc9 mediates nuclear localization and growth suppression of BRCA1 and BRCA1a proteins" from Partnership team at Morehouse medical School was featured online at the Global Medical Discovery website.