- Published on July 25, 2014
According to the EPA, the average home can have as much as 100 pounds of environmentally harmful products stored in various areas.
- Read the label
- Keep products in original containers & stored safely away from children and pets
- Dispose of household products safely
- Try alternative products when available
- Pour harmful household products down a sink, toilet, or bathtub drain unless they're made for that purpose
- Pour products like used oil or bug killer on the ground or into storm drains
- Store leftover products in food or beverage containers
- Published on July 07, 2014
- Never leave your child or pet unattended in a car, even with the windows rolled down.
- Always make sure all children & pets have left the car. Never leave a sleeping infant in the car.
- Make sure safety restraints aren't too hot before securing your child.
For more information regarding heat risk: http://www.nws.noaa.gov/os/heat/