- Published on June 13, 2014
- Properly handle and store petroleum products
- Properly dispose of waste in compliance with ADEM regulations
- Respond to spills
- Report spills to the appropriate entity
More information on SPCC training >>
- Published on May 25, 2014
However, even though Birmingham is 300 miles inland from the coast, we can still have very severe weather attributed to hurricanes. A group of scientists from Georgia Tech looked at tropical cyclones from 1920 to 2008 and found that there has been a 35 percent increase in storm sizes compared to the previous period of active storms which was 1948–1964. This has lead to a doubling of tornados produced per storm. Hurricane Katrina alone produced 58 observed tornados directly attributed to the storm!
As you start your summer, plan ahead for hurricane season.