- Last Updated on April 07, 2014
Top frequently asked questions:
- Is there a process through which Environment of Care (EOC) issues are reported or investigated?
A: Yes. The Hospital Safety Committee operates as a multidisciplinary performance improving team whereby EOC issues are reported, investigated and recommendations and/or action plans are submitted to Hospital Leadership.
- Are there focus areas for Hospital Safety and/or the Hospital Safety Committee?
A: While both routinely address Environment of Care disciplines, they also may address:
- Injuries to patients or others coming to the hospital's facilities as well as incidents of property damage
- Fire-safety management problems, deficiencies and failures
- Occupational illnesses and injuries to staff
- Security incidents involving patients, staff or others coming to the hospital's facilities or property
- What is an Environmental Tour?
A: Environmental Tours, conducted by Safety Officers, identify safety risks. Also, they help reveal:
- Environmental deficiencies and/or potential hazards warranting risk assessments
- Staff behaviors and attitudes relative to maintaining a safe environment
- Whether safety policies and procedures are being practiced and enforced