Faculty Profiles: Patsy G Oliver
Patsy G. Oliver, Ph.D.
Dr. Oliver's research involves studies with TRA-8, a monoclonal antibody that recognizes death receptor 5 (DR5). DR5 is overexpressed on many cancer cells compared to normal cells, and binding of TRA-8 results in the death of cancer cells in culture and in xenograft models. Her laboratory has found that combination treatment with chemotherapy drugs or radiation increased the activity of TRA-8 against colon, brain, pancreatic and other cancer cell types, and she is currently investigating the mechanisms of cell death induced by TRA-8.
Sally B. Lagan
Phone (205) 934-6292
Shelby Biomedical Research Building
1825 University Ave South
Birmingham, AL 35294-2182
|Education and Postdoctoral Training:
- B.S. University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL, 1981, Microbiology
- Ph.D. University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, 1992, Microbiology
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1996-1997
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1992-1995
Please click on "Publications" to view a full listing.
|Awards / Honors:
- William C. Bailey Award for Excellence in Cancer Prevention and Control Research, Honorable Mention. 2003. Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Recipient of NIH predoctoral training award, 1988-1991.