|Education and Postdoctoral Training:
- University of Chicago, 1967
- University of Missouri, B.A., 1969
- Indiana University, M.A. (Botany), 1971
- Indiana University, Ph.D. (Genetics, Phycology), 1974
- Temple University School of Medicine, 1981
- Ohio State University School of Medicine, M.D., 1983
- 1984 - 1987, Residency, Radiation Oncology, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, VA.
- 1986 - 1987, Chief Resident, Radiation Oncology, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, VA.
- 1988, Hyperthermia Workshop, Duke University, Durham, N.C.
- 1989, Radioimmunotherapy Workshop, Washington, D.C.
- 1993, Molecular Biology Course, AACR, Aspen, CO.
- 1999, Breast Brachytherapy Training by Dr. Kuske, Oschner Clinic, New Orleans, LA.
- 1999, Gamma Knife Training Course, University of California, San Francisco, CA.
- 1999, Partial Sabbatical for Molecular Biology & Gene Therapy Laboratory Interactions.
- 2001, Intravascular Brachytherapy Certification.
- 2003, Mammosite certification.
Please click on "Publications" to view a full listing.
|Awards / Honors:
- 1974, Harold C. Bold Award, 1st Annual Award presented at AIBS Conference for outstanding, innovative pre-doctoral research.
- 1977 - 1978, Leukemia Society of America, Special Fellowship.
- 1978 - 1981, Elected to Board of Directors, Western Pennsylvania Chapter of the Leukemia Society of America, Inc.
- 1978, Outstanding Contribution in Health Research. Health Research and Services Foundation, United Way of Pittsburgh.
- 1982, Samuel J. Roessler Research Scholarship.
- 1982, Landacre Society Research Conference, Ohio State University, 2nd place winner for outstanding research paper.
- 1982, William Craig Orr and Mary Black Orr, Scholarship in Medicine, Ohio State University School of Medicine.
- 1996, Circle of Excellence Award for Compassion.
- 2001, Selected for Inclusion in Best Doctors Listing.
- 2003, Selected as the Best Radiation Oncologist for Women, Birmingham Magazine(July Issue)
- 2003, Selected as one of three Radiation Oncologists for Inclusion in Best Doctors Listing for AL., Dec.
- 2004, 2006, 2007 Selected as Radiation Oncologist for Inclusion in Best Doctors Listing for AL., Birmingham Magazine (Dec. Issue)
- Listed in American Men and Women of Science, Foremost Women of the 20th Century as well as other biographic publications.
- Listed in Guide to America’s Top Physicians, Consumer’s Research Council of America, 2004-2005
- Listed in America’s Top Doctors for Cancer 2005, Castle Connolly Medical Ltd.
- 2005, Listed as Best Female Radiation Oncologist. Birmingham Magazine (Aug., issue).
- 2005, Chosen for inclusion in Best Doctors in America. Found at www.bestdoctors.com. 3-5% of specials worldwide make this list
- 2006, Inducted as Fellow, American College of Radiation Oncology
- 2007, Inducted as Fellow, American Society for Therapeutic Radiology & Oncology Oct. 30