Developing leaders to shape tomorrow’s healthcare through an exceptional master’s-level educational experience.
To be recognized as the national leader in healthcare management and leadership education.
- Teamwork: Value the contribution of all, combining individual skills with unparalleled collaboration.
- Integrity: Follow the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and personal responsibility.
- Excellence: Contribute to the highest quality educational program worthy of our best efforts.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Value diversity and treat all with dignity and respect.
- Innovation: Enhance the Program and enrich the lives of our stakeholders through the creative ideas and unique talents of our students, alumni, and faculty.
“The ranking is an acknowledgement of our commitment to provide an outstanding learning experience that includes excellent education, practice-relevant scholarly activity, and engaged alumni,” said Christy Harris Lemak, Ph.D., chair of the Department of Health Services Administration. “It means so much to the department because it is recognition from our peers and because it highlights a legacy of excellence at UAB that began 50 years ago.”
The MSHA Program prepares you to assume executive leadership positions in a broad range of health services organizations, including hospitals, health systems, physician group practices, health maintenance organizations, long-term care facilities, consulting firms, and insurance companies. Founded in 1965, the MSHA Program at UAB enjoys an excellent reputation, both regionally and nationally, for the high quality of its academic program and the achievements of its more than 1,300 graduates.
UAB's MSHA Program may be pursued in two formats:
- Residential Format focuses on training students just completing an undergraduate degree or those individuals desiring a career change.
- Executive Format is aimed at working professionals with at least five years of healthcare experience.