1917 Clinic has a new home in Lakeview

Written by 
1917 clinic insideIn response to the growing AIDS epidemic, UAB opened an outpatient clinic for AIDS patients in January 1988. Founded and first directed by Michael Saag, M.D., the clinic’s name originated from the address of 1917 Fifth Ave. South to protect the confidentiality of its patients.

The state’s largest HIV health care unit now has a new address — but still retains its original name — following its transition to Lakeview’s Dewberry Building at 3201 Fourth Ave. South in December 2020. Read more at UAB News.