Our Bachelor of Fine Arts majors are selected from competitive auditions and enter an intensive study for a BFA in Musical Theatre.
Our Bachelor of Arts majors may choose from three concentrations -- sometimes called "tracks" or "areas of emphasis." All three of these concentrations share a common 30-hour core drawn from our extensive course offerings.
- Requirements for the BFA in Musical Theatre
- Requirements for the BA in Theatre, Performance Concentration
- Requirements for the BA in Theatre, Design/Technology Concentration
- Requirements for the BA in Theatre, General Studies Concentration
- Requirements for the Theatre Minor
- Requirements for Theatre Honors
|We try to keep this information as accurate and current as possible,
but it is no substitute for consultation with your advisor.
ALL THEATRE MAJORS MUST ROUTINELY CONSULT WITH THEIR ADVISORS.For more information contact Department Chair Kelly Allison
Theatre/speech is an approved area of concentration for the N–12 certificate in the School of Education.
The University of Alabama at Birmingham is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, masters, doctorate, and professional degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of The University of Alabama at Birmingham