To officially change your major, please complete the online form:
If you have difficulty accessing the online form via the above link, please access it via BlazerNET. After logging in with your BlazerID and strong password:
Please review the following guidelines before attempting to change your major. Certain schools and student populations have restrictions on major changes. Please see the UAB Catalog for specific information.
- Only 2 major changes per semester are allowed.
- Major changes submitted prior to the last day to add/drop are effective for the current term. Changes submitted after the last day to add/drop are effective for the upcoming term.
Collat School of Business
- A minimum overall GPA and minimum UAB GPA of 2.0 are required to change to any major in the Collat School of Business.
School of Engineering
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.20 is required to change to any pre-major in the School of Engineering. Change of major directly to a program requires permission from an academic advisor.
- Freshmen who wish to change their major to Biomedical Engineering must have a minimum high school GPA of 3.20 and a minimum ACT score of 28.
School of Nursing and School of Health Professions
- You cannot change your major to Nursing or any of the majors in Health Professions online. Formal application for admission to these programs is required.
- Athletes cannot change their major. Please see your athletic academic advisor.
- Temporary students are automatically classified as undeclared and cannot change their major.
- Transient students cannot change their major.
Students Admitted by Appeal
- Students admitted by appeal, including freshmen who are conditionally admitted, are admitted as undeclared and cannot change their major. Please see your academic advisor for more information.