Do I meet the Admission Requirements?
- Bachelor’s degree (any discipline*) from a regionally accredited U.S. College or University (http://www.uab.edu/graduate/current-students/prospective-students/3-students/prospective/80-general-admission-requirements).
- NO GRE/GMAT REQUIRED from students with qualifying degrees from U.S. Colleges or Universities
- International students who do not have a degree from an accredited U.S. institution are required to submit GRE and TOEFL scores.
- Original transcripts from all colleges and universities attended since high school must be sent directly to the UAB Graduate School (detailed instructions are included during the online application process)
- Two years of relevant work experience
- All prospective students must pass a personal live interview with the Program Director and Assistant Director (Interview can be over the phone or Skype for out of town students).
- Two letters of recommendation (this can be done electronically as part of the formal online application filing process).
- Proper computer equipment and high speed internet direct access
- All prospective students must demonstrate computer skills with a strong willingness to improve computer software skills and online communications abilities
*CEM promotes a multi-discipline learning experience and therefore an engineering undergraduate degree is not required.
Additional Information and Interview
Prospective students who meet the admission requirements:
Contact Dianne Gilmer, Assistant Director
- To request additional information
- To schedule an interview
Student should apply to UAB graduate school ONLY after completing the admission interview.
Summer Admission: April 1st
Fall Admission: July 1st
Spring Admission: November 1st