- Mastersindatascience.org - This website has an awesome list of STEM links for kids of all ages and with all types of interests! Other pages on the site have lots of great resources and information on pursuing education and careers in the data science field.
www.edheads.org - This website lets you do really neat interactive activities such as investigate a crash scene, predict the weather, and perform virtual surgery! If you are interested in being a doctor or other healthcare professional, there are many activities that are related to medicine.
www.weatherwizkids.com - For anyone interested in weather! You can read all about tornadoes, hurricanes, and lightening.
- http://www.improvenet.com/a/become-a-storm-spotter-from-home: This awesome site gives you tips on how to become a STORM SPOTTER- which is just as cool as it sounds. The website has a great list of resources that tell you how real meteriologists do their work.
http://www.discoverengineering.org/ - This engineering website has information about many different types of engineering. It also has an awesome video about how engineers who are skateboarders are designing injury-reducing soles for skateboarding shoes. If you are really interested in skateboarding, you might also like http://www.exploratorium.edu/skateboarding/ where the physics of skateboarding are explained.
http://www.exploratorium.edu/ - A museum website that has information on many different types of science subjects. The website is huge so take some time to explore!
http://www.iwaswondering.org - A website devoted to exploring women's adventures in science. Learn about the lives of female scientists who do everything from solve crimes using human bones to design interactive robots!
http://www.sciencebuddies.org/ - This website is a great source for science projects. There is everything from science fair ideas to fun experiments to do in the kitchen on a lazy afternoon.
- http://www.whizkidsrobotics.com/the-ultimate-stem-educational-resource-guide-for-girls/- Here is another website listing some awesome resources to fuel a STEM-filled adventure. They even have a list of programs that girls can get involved in.
It's never to early to start thinking about college- or even beyond! Here are some great links to check out:
- http://www.gograd.org/women-and-masters-degrees/- An awesome website that is all about supporting women to succeed in higher education.
- https://www.moneygeek.com/education/college/resources/women-in-stem/- Another great site that lists scholarships for girls pursuing STEM fields
- http://www.firstgenerationstudent.com/- This website breaks down the process of college applications, tution, and scholarships.
- http://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/graduating-debt-free- This resource page has a ton of great ideas for paying for college
- http://www.technologyeducation.org/: Technology is changing at such a rapid pace, but TE lets you know what steps to enter any tech field you want.
- http://www.cyberdegrees.org/- A wonderful resource that shows cool career options with cyber security.
- http://www.cybersecuritymastersdegree.org/- Want to fight crime? This website shows a ton of ways to get involved in cyber security.
- https://www.consumeraffairs.com/internet/password-managers/- Another cool field in computer science
Are you looking of ways to support girls in STEM? Here are some resources that can help you: