Services & Pricing (please note new increase in pricing - updated April 1, 2015)
The MSP-SF chargeback's (Table 1.) are based on the combined cost of equipment usage, disposables, and percent efforts. The LIMS and CCC billing system allow for accurate tracking of facility services provided to PI's, in addition to the generation of quotes prior to initiation of a project. In this way PI's are aware of what each project will cost and electronically approve both the planed experimental design and the quoted cost upfront through our LIMS.
|Service Description||Unit Price
|Measuring Protein Concentration*||$15||$20||Each|
|Cell/Tissue Homogenization (Frozen)||$20||$27||Each|
|Cell/Tissue Homogenization (FFPE)||$80||$106||Each|
|1D Gel Separation||$15||$20||Each|
|1D Gel Staining (includes imaging gel)||$30||$40||Each|
|Enzymatic Digestion (each enzyme if more than one)||$25||$33||Each|
|Solid Phase Extraction (CapTrap)||$80||$106||Each|
|Solid Phase Extraction (ZipTip)||$25||$33||Each|
|Advanced Sample Preparation (dedicated staff time)*||$50||$67||Hourly|
|High Resolution* LC-ESI-MS/MS (1-5 samples)||$200||$266||Each|
|High Resolution* LC-ESI-MS/MS (6-10 samples)||$140||$186||Each|
|High Resolution* LC-ESI-MS/MS (11-more samples)||$98||$130||Each|
|Low/Medium Resolution* LC-ESI-MS/MS (1 or more samples)||$50||$67||Each|
|Basic Bioinformatics & Reporting (dedicated staff time)*||$50||$67||Hourly|
|Advanced Bioinformatics & Reporting (dedicated staff time)*||$100||$133||Hourly|
* (additional details are indicated below)
Additional Details for Services Provided:
- Measuring protein Concentration: we use either the BCA or EZQ (Invitrogen) assay kits as per manufacturers' instructions depending on concentration and volume of the sample. We apply an 8-pt standard BSA curve (n=4) and when possible samples are analyzed in triplicate.
- Advanced Sample Preparation: these applications include dedicated personnel time (and do not include additional cost for specialized kits and disposables) for immuno-enrichment of specific proteins, or depletion of most abundant proteins from cell/ tissue extracts, or biological fluids, cryo-sectioning and histology of frozen tissues, chemical labeling/derivatization for quantitative proteomics (ex: TMT 6-plex), preparative or analytical HPLC separations (offline), 2D PAGE (small or large format, native or denatured), 2D PAGE staining and automatic or manual spot picking, methods development (new and unique applications), and PTM enrichments such as Glyco, Carboxy, Phospho, acetyl, etc.
- Instrumentation: high resolution refers to the nLC LTQ Velos Pro Orbitrap MS (~60-100K resolution), while low/ medium resolution refers to the LC LTQ-XL MS systems run in triple play mode (~20K resolution), and the QTOF 6530 MS (~30K resolution)
- Basic Bioinformatics & Reporting: includes raw data conversion to MzXML, database searches using Scaffold or MASCOT, any analysis through the trans-proteomics pipeline (TPP) suite, basic PTM analysis with Scaffold only with no manual interpretation, basic quantification using spectral counting, and reporting data output from these analysis.
- Advanced Bioinformatics & Reporting: includes Programming, quantification using MASCOT Distiller Q+, Scaffold Q+/S, Refiner MS, or SameSpots, statistical analysis (single or multivariate), Systems Biology/ Pathway Analysis using IPA or Metacore, generating reports including figures and tables, programming time, generation of tailored databases, PTM analysis using Scaffold PTM, Manual Interpretation, and reporting from any of these analysis.