Information for the Newly InjuredThis section offers links to information on the medical concerns for individuals who are newly injured, their familiy members, and professionals.
- FAQs about Spinal Cord Injury (SCI)
- What is the spine?
- What is the spinal cord?
- What does the spinal cord do?
- What is a spinal cord injury?
- What causes spinal cord injury?
- What is paralysis?
- What is paraplegia?
- What is tetraplegia?
- What is a “complete” spinal cord injury?
- What is an “incomplete” spinal cord injury?
- Why is it important to know the difference between a “complete” and “incomplete” spinal cord injury?
- What recovery is expected following spinal cord injury?
- Where is the nearest SCI Model System of Care?
- Emergency Medical Service
- Hospital (Acute) Care