Ocular Phenotyping and Molecular Analysis Module Equipment
- Fluorescence (top and bottom; 340-850 nm)
- Luminescence (glow, flash, dual)
- Photometry (340-800 nm and UV 260/280)
- Time-resolved fluorometry (dual window; dual emission)
- Fluorescence polarization (400-850 nm)
Cryostats Leica CM3050 S
For cryosections of fixed and unfixed tissue specimens, capable of producing step or motorized sectioning for high quality sections of consistent thickness, that allows:
- Preservation of enzyme activity for enzyme histochemistry and antigenicity for immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization.
- Retention of substances that are soluble in routine processing solutions, such as lipids.
- Preservation of cell morphology without exposure to chemicals and/or heat.
- Sections of fixed and unfixed tissue specimens
Typhoon Trio with ImageQuant TL
The Typhoon Trio+ instrument is a variable-mode imager that produces digital images of radioactive, fluorescent, or chemiluminescent samples. The Typhoon Trio+ instrument contains three internal lasers (blue, green, and red), with a scanning resolution of 10-μm pixel size.
- Versatile system platform, handles gel sandwiches, agarose and polyacrylamide gels, membranes, microplates and even microarrays
- Gels are scanned between glass plates, preventing drying and shrinkage and allowing further running and rescanning if required
- Powerful excitation sources and innovative high-quality confocal optics allow for the sensitive detection of low-abundance targets
- Red-, green- and blue-excitation wavelengths and a wide choice of emission filters enable imaging of an extensive variety of fluorophores
- Automated four-color fluorescence scanning allows multiplexing of multiple targets in the same sample ensuring accuracy of analysis, increasing throughput, and saving time
- Highly sensitive optics enable direct chemiluminescent imaging without intermediate exposure to films or screens
- Provides optimized detection of Cy2, Cy3, and Cy5 CyDye DIGE Fluor minimal and saturation dyes, enabling visualization of up to three differently labeled samples on a single gel
LI-COR Odyssey Fc Imager
The Odyssey Fc System allows fast, easy image acquisition and analysis that eliminates film and the need for multiple exposures. It offers chemiluminescence detection and the benefits of two infrared fluorescence detection channels (700 nm, 800 nm) thus enabling quantitative two-color Western blot analysis. The Image Studio software allows accurate quantification over 6 logs of dynamic range.
Zeiss Axioplan 2 Microscope
Combines brilliant optics and bright fluorescence, equipped with:
- Objectives (10X, 20X, 40X, 63X oil, 100X oil)
- Multichannel Fluorescence Filter (FITC, TRIC, Cy5, DAPI)
- Bright-field, Dark-field, Differential Interference Contrast (DIC)
- Hamamatsu AxioCam HR B/W and MRC-5 color camera
- ApoTome (pseudo-confocal) module
- Capable of time-lapse and Z-Stack acquisition mode and 3D deconvolution.
iQ5™ Real-Time PCR
Detects up to 5 dyes colors and can use
- Intercalation Dyes: SYBR Green I
- Cleavage-based assay: TaqManTM
Capable of Melt Curve Analysis for
- Identification of non-specific products
- Mutation detection/allelic discrimination
Thermal Gradient with up to 24°C gradient range across block
Software Data Analysis
- Ct determination
- AQ Absolute Quantification
- RQ Relative Quantification
- Leitz Aristoplan microscope with epifluorescence (5 cubes), DIC, bright- and dark-field capabilities and an XYZ-encoded stage.
- Leitz Orthoplan microscope with epifluorescence, bright- and dark-field capabilities and a drawing tube option.
- Wild Photomakroskop with bright- and dark-field.
- Zeiss scopes - two, a Standard and a wet lab scope.
- Bausch & Lomb projecting microscope.
- Nikon Disecting Microscope with plastic adaptable trimming head.
- SONY DXC-906 MC/LLP is a 3-chip CCD camera for acquiring brightfield or fluorescent images. There is a frame-averaging capability for low-light fluorescence. (Used with the Aristoplan scope for the NeuroLucida morphometry program.)
- SONY DXC-151 is a single-chip CCD camera for brightfield images. (Used to make video prints from the Orthplan scope.)
- Diagnostic Instruments' cooled CCD, color, digital SPOT camerafor high quality brightfield or low light level specimens--fluorescence or dark field. (Used with a KODAK 8650 PS dye-sublimation printer for photographic quality prints.)
- SONY UP-5000 video printer for instant prints from the Aristoplan or Orthoplan microscopes.
PHOTOMICROSCOPY (35 mm)
- Wild MPS-46 Photoautomat and Wild MPS-52
- Olympus C-35A camera system
- Wild MPS-55 photoautomat on the Wild scope.
- Dark room used for film development.
MICROTOMY & ACCESSORIES
- Wild MPS-46 Photoautomat and Wild MPS-52
- Reichert-Jung 2800-E cryostat (thin, fix or unfixed sections)
- Jung 2065 Supercut and Sorvall J-4 microtomes (both for GMA, soft plastic, semi-thin sections)
AO sliding microtome (celloidin & frozen sections)
- AO rotary microtome (paraffin)
- Paraffin dispenser, slide warming trays, tissue flotation baths
- Lancer 1000 Vibratome (thicker fix or unfixed sections)
Glass knifemakers: LKB & Energy Beam Sciences for Ralph knives
- LKB triangle knifemaker
- AO Knife sharpener for steel knives
- Lipshaw Section Freeze