""The requirements to become a professional engineer can differ from state to state.

At a minimum, most states require an undergraduate degree from an accredited engineering program (certified by an organization such as ABET) before an individual can be classified as an “engineer intern.”

A MEng degree alone without a qualifying undergraduate engineering degree is not sufficient to satisfy the educational requirements to become an “engineer intern.”

Visit the National Society of Professional Engineers for more information.