Explore UAB

Curious? Want to know more about the UAB undergraduate Biobehavioral Nutrition and Wellness Program? You might find the answers you're looking for in our "Frequently Asked Questions" listed below. If you do have a question not listed here, please email it to: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Advising Questions

  • How do I make an appointment?

    To make an appointment with a Biobehavioral Nutrition and Wellness (BNW) academic advisor, you will need to email the program at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

  • Where do I go for my advising appointment?

    The Biobehavioral Nutrition and Wellness (BNW) Program Offices are located in the Webb Nutrition Sciences Building (WEBB) located at 1675 University Boulevard, Birmingham, Alabama, 35233. Until further notice, we are hosting all advising appointments virtually. Please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to set up a time to Zoom or call.

  • What is programmatic academic probation?

    A BNW student will be put on programmatic academic probation if their cumulative UAB GPA falls below 2.75 or their institutional UAB GPA falls below 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. Students will have one semester to address any deficiencies in order to remain in the program. If a student does not regain good standing after that probationary semester, they will be removed from the Biobehavioral Nutrition and Wellness program. In rare occasions, additional time may be granted to students upon appeal if the student can document significant progress and provide a compelling case.

Registration Questions

Dropping Classes Questions

  • How do I drop a class?

    You will need to access BlazerNET to drop a class. We highly recommend communicating with your academic advisor before dropping a course.

  • How do I dispute a grade?

    If a student believes that a grade was awarded inappropriately, the student may first request that the course instructor reconsider and, if necessary, request a review of the grade by the Program Director. A more detailed Grievance Procedure within the School of Health Professions can be found in this PDF document.

  • Can I replace grades for classes I repeated and are there any limitations to the number of times I can do this?

    A student may not repeat a course at UAB more than once (a total of two attempts). Withdrawing, where a grade of "W" is received, counts as an attempt. Under exceptional circumstances and upon approval of the School of Health Professions, a student will be allowed to repeat a course for a second time (third attempt). A student may not repeat a course a third time. Seminars, co-op, research credits, and other cases where multiple registrations are allowed are not covered by this policy. Dropping a course during the drop/add period (see academic calendar for dates) does not constitute an attempt. Visit www.uab.edu/courserepeats for more details.

Transfer Questions

Miscellaneous Questions