The UAB Piano Series will include performances by Valery Kuleshov on Sunday, Jan. 12, and Robert Henry on Sunday, March 9; call 205-975-2787 for UAB Piano Series tickets. On Sunday, March 16, the department will present a fundraiser, Music Extravaganza, which will feature UAB bands, choirs, ensembles and soloists, in UAB’s Alys Stephens Performing Arts Center, 1200 10th Ave. South. The UAB Gospel Choir will present for its spring concert “Gospel Anthology III: Evolution,” the third and final installment of the “Anthology” series from the UAB Gospel Choir, on Monday, April 14.
New events are added weekly. Please check the UAB Department of Music website for current information: www.uab.edu/cas/music.
McClellan, of Birmingham, just completed a yearlong UAB/Birmingham Museum of Art Curatorial Fellowship that culminates with the show. The fellowship is available for Art History graduate students at UAB who have had at least one year of coursework under their belts. Jessica Dallow, associate professor of Art History in the UAB Department of Art and Art History, says this collaborative fellowship is a unique opportunity for UAB Art History graduate students to gain professional curatorial experience. It was one of the reasons McClellan chose UAB for her graduate work.
- UAB Music Students Use New Avid Console to Mix Sound for UAB Grad’s Film “Stakes”
- The College to Honor Distinguished Alumni and Friends
- Music Student Supplies Soundtracks for New UAB TV Commercials
- Problem-Child Behavior Could Result from Early Puberty in Girls
- UAB Names Chair of Social Work
- UAB Names New Chair of Biology