- CAS Advising: TBA
- Foreign Language Education: Krista Chambless
- Foreign Language Internships: Lourdes Sánchez-López
- Spanish for Specific Purposes: Lourdes Sánchez-López
- Credit-by-Exam, AP, CLEP, BACHE, Miscellaneous: Julián Arribas
- Individually Designed Major: Julián Arribas
- Honors in Foreign Language Major: Julián Arribas
Advice for Incoming and Transfer StudentsIf you are a new student, meet with your CAS advisor before signing up for classes. The hardest part of your first year should be your classes, not deciding what they should be. Take the easy way out: Make an appointment to talk or meet with your academic advisor before you attend New Student Orientation.
Contact the College of Arts and Sciences Advising Office at (205) 934-6135 for help with registering but also with making the most of your choice to attend UAB!
Advice for Current StudentsYou can rely on your CAS academic advisor for information, assistance, and encouragement throughout your time at UAB. In general, advisors will:
- help you identify your goals and develop educational plans to reach them;
- help you understand degree requirements, course selection, and schedule planning;
- refer you to resources across campus that can boost your academic performance;
- help you understand academic policies and procedures; and
- provide information about potential areas of study.