All students taking introductory Spanish, French, and German must take the WebCAPE Proficiency Placement Exam at the beginning (and sometimes at the end) of the semester.
Read the instructions below carefully and completely.
- Choose school (University of Alabama at Birmingham), Click "Go".
- Enter the Password when prompted: blazers1 (all lowercase)
- Under “Languages” click on the appropriate language.
- Fill in your name, student ID, and email address in the appropriate fields. Do NOT fill out the entire document. Click scroll down to bottom of page and click on "Continue".
- You will then have a practice test item, do that and the placement test will then begin.
- The exam length is different for everyone and for every time you take it. When the test is done, a screen with your name, score and a chart placing you into a level will appear.
DO NOT CLICK “DONE” OR CLOSE THAT SCREEN UNTIL YOU HAVE COMMUNICATED YOUR RESULTS TO YOUR INSTRUCTOR.
- Print or write down the results and give it to your instructor.