Gorgas Courses in
Clinical Tropical Medicine
Gorgas Diploma Course
- 9-Week Diploma Course taught in English in Peru
- Daily Bedside Teaching on a 36-bed Tropical Medicine Unit
- Lectures, Case Conferences, and Diagnostic Laboratory
- International Faculty
- 325 Contact Hours
2017 - Waiting-List Closed.
2018 - Applications Closed.
38 maximum. Targeted to physicians, nursing professionals, physician assistants, and public health professionals.
Tuition: Tuition for 2018 is $8,500 (US$) and includes two 4-day field trips to the Andes and the Amazon.
Gorgas Advanced Course
- 2-week bedside clinical experience targeted to physicians experienced beyond the entry-level Gorgas Diploma Course
- Intensive hands-on exposure to large numbers of patients in order to maintain clinical skills
- Exchange of clinical acumen among experienced clinicians from different countries
2017 - August 7th – August 18th, 2017.
Accepting applications. Apply here!
Tuition: Total tuition for 2017 is $3,550 (US$).
Out-patient Clinics and Ward Rounds
2 hours per day either doing ward rounds, in an outpatient clinic, or at a subspecialty clinic on a rotating basis.
Lectures, Case Conferences, Tutorials
Traditional lecture format given in 1 hour blocks for 2 hours each morning and in 1.5 hour blocks on some afternoons.
Diagnostic Laboratory Course
Part of each day's laboratory block will consist of a didactic presentation on diagnostic helminthology, protozology, bacteriology, or mycology.