Gorgas Course in
Clinical Tropical Medicine
- 9-Week Diploma Course taught in English in Peru
- Daily Bedside Teaching on a 36-bed Tropical Medicine Unit
- Lectures, Case Conferences, and Diagnostic Laboratory
- International Faculty
- 365 Contact Hours
February 1 - April 1, 2016 - Fully Enrolled; Wait-List Closed
2017 Applications will become available on October 1, 2015. Course dates will be announced at that time.
36 maximum. Targeted to physicians, nursing professionals, physician assistants, and public health professionals.
Tuition for 2016 is $7,895 (US$) and includes two 4-day field trips to the Andes and the Amazon.
Gorgas Advanced Course
- 2-week bedside clinical experience targeted to physicians experienced beyond the entry-level Gorgas Diploma Course
- Intensive hands-on exposure to large numbers of patients in order to maintain clinical skills
- Exchange of clinical acumen among experienced clinicians from different countries
August 10 - 21, 2015
Applications accepted until all 20 places filled; places awarded on a first-come basis to qualified participants
Total tuition for 2015 is $3,450. (US$)
Out-patient Clinics and Ward Rounds
2.5 hours per day either doing ward rounds, in an outpatient clinic, or at a subspecialty clinic on a rotating basis.
Lectures, Case Conferences, Tutorials
Traditional lecture format given in 1 hour blocks for 2 hours each morning and in 1.5 hour blocks on some afternoons.
Diagnostic Laboratory Course
Part of each day's laboratory block will consist of a didactic presentation on diagnostic helminthology, protozology, bacteriology, or mycology.