The Faculty Advisory Council (FAC) is an organized body with the mission to represent and promote faculty members' interests to foster academic and clinical development. It pursues its mission by functioning as advisor/consultant to the Chair and Division Directors for problems related to faculty activity.
The FAC is composed of six members representing every division in the Department of Pathology. The members are proposed and elected by each division and serve a 2-year term.
- Identify problems or areas that could be improved in the Pathology Department.
- Survey the faculty for ideas aiming to improve our academic and clinical activities and organize the prioritization of the proposals.
- Advise the Chair and Division Directors on the problems that need to be addressed and recommend optimal solutions for their resolution.
- Advocate new ideas and projects proposed by faculty to the Chair and coordinate their implementation.
- The FAC meets at least once quarterly to coordinate council activity.
- The FAC meets periodically with the Chair and FAC representatives rotate participation at PDG meetings and faculty meetings.
- The FAC compiles and distributes proposals for the faculty in exchange for their feedback.
- The FAC collates faculty feedback and delineates proposals which represent the majority interest of the faculty.
- The FAC presents such proposals to the Chair and actively pursues and/or coordinates their implementation.
- All faculty members are encouraged to contact their FAC division representative with problems or proposals.
Accomplished past projects:
- Establishing a Departmental newsletter.
- Institution of a faculty seed grant award.
- Promoting mentoring activities among faculty and trainees.
Faculty Advisory Council current members:
||Molecular & Cellular Pathology
|Rajeskaran Namakkal Soorappan||Molecular & Cellular Pathology
Feel free to contact your divisional representative for more information or to send a proposal.
Faculty Advisory Council past members:
|Jill Adamski||Lab Medicine||1|
|Aleodor Andea||Anatomic Pathology||2|
|Peter Anderson||Molecular and Cellular Pathology||2|
|Scott Ballinger||Molecular and Cellular Pathology||2|
|William Benjamin||Lab Medicine||4|
|Fouad Boctor||Lab Medicine||2|
|Pat Bucy||Lab Medicine||9|
|David Chieng||Anatomic Pathology||7|
|Michael Conner||Anatomic Pathology||1|
|Ralph Crowe||Anatomic Pathology||1|
|Victor Darley Usmar||Molecular and Cellular Pathology||2|
|Patricia DeVilliers||Anatomic Pathology||2|
|Joanne Douglas||Molecular and Cellular Pathology||2|
|Kenneth Fallon||Neuropathology/Forensic Pathology||2|
|Xu Feng||Molecular and Cellular Pathology||1|
|William Grizzle||Anatomic Pathology||2|
|Robin Hatton||Anatomic Pathology||2|
|Zdenek Hel||Molecular and Cellular Pathology||1|
|Richard Hockett||Lab Medicine||2|
|Nirag C. Jhala||Anatomic Pathology||2|
|Audrey Lazenby||Anatomic Pathology||8|
|Robin Lorenz||Lab Medicine||2|
|Marisa Marques||Lab Medicine||1|
|Stephen Moser||Lab Medicine||4|
|Lea Novak||Anatomic Pathology||2|
|Cheryl Palmer||Neuropathology/Forensic Pathology||2|
|Rakesh Patel||Molecular and Cellular Pathology||2|
|Deniz Peker||Anatomic Pathology||2|
|Richard Powers||Neuropathology/Forensic Pathology||4|
|Abhik Ray-Chaudhury||Neuropathology/Forensic Pathology||1|
|Andy Robinson||Lab Medicine||2|
|William Rodgers||Anatomic Pathology||1|
|Rajeev Samant||Molecular and Cellular Pathology||3|
|Gary Simmons||Forensic Pathology||4|
|Shi Wei||Anatomic Pathology||3|
|Dan Welch||Molecular and Cellular Pathology||4|
|Alan Wells||Lab Medicine||1|
|Lance Williams||Lab Medicine||2|
|Wen-Cheng Xiong||Molecular and Cellular Pathology||2|
|Yang Yang||Molecular and Cellular Pathology||2|
|Majd Zayzafoon||Molecular and Cellular Pathology||2|