Academic and Real-World BenefitsStudying away has more benefits than we can list here, but they include:
- broadening your curriculum experience
- giving you a new perspective on our country
- teaching you about other countries through shared experiences
Research shows employers highly value these experiences and skills, and study-away can improve your future professional and financial potential.
Covering the CostsScholarships are available to assist students with the costs of UAB Study Away programs, and most financial aid can be used on a semester away. Visit UAB Study Away for more information on how to apply for these scholarships.
Study Away OpportunitiesA complete list of opportunities are available on the UAB Study Away website. In order to participate in the programs listed there or below, you must first gain approval from the Study Away Program Director, (205) 975-6611. You can also contact your academic advisor for more information on these and other Psychology Study Away programs around the world (934-3850).
Past Study Away Trips
- Stockholm, Sweden — Stockholm University
- New Delhi, India
- Prague, Czech Republic — Charles University
- United Kingdom — Lancaster University and Hull University
- Galway, Ireland — National University of Ireland, Galway
- Cape Town, South Africa — University of Cape Town
- Dunedin, New Zealand — University of Otago
- Andalusia, Spain — University of Jaén
- Lincoln, Nebraska — University of Nebraska