Explore UAB

All student travel to international locations is subject to the UAB-Related International Travel Policy. Students who are receiving financial support or reimbursement from their department for their travel expenses should complete an International Travel Registration form in addition to the forms required by Education Abroad.

Student Organizations & Conference Travel

Student Organizations

Are you traveling abroad as part of a UAB student organization? This includes Outreach Abroad, Outdoor Pursuits, artistic performances, athletic activities, or other student organization travel. All participants must complete an Education Abroad application. Please This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. the Education Abroad Director with the itinerary details, list of participants, and purpose of travel. The Director will guide your organization through the application process.

Conference and Research Travel

Are you traveling as a UAB student to attend a conference, present a paper or conduct research abroad?

Complete the Mandatory Pre-departure Certification →

Undergraduate Research Grant Awardees

Undergraduate Research Travel Grants travel grants are available! Contact the UAB Office of Service-Learning and Undergraduate Research for more information.

How to Register Your Travel

Before proceeding, please note that students traveling to a UAB-Restricted Region must follow the Travel to High-Risk Destination Authorization Process for approval. Registration and insurance requirements still apply.

The steps in this process are only for students not traveling to a restricted region and not part of an official credit-bearing opportunities.

Back to Top