Explore UAB

About the Program

Don't worry—you can work toward your college degree, even if you don’t yet know what you’re going to study. As an undeclared major, you’ll have the ability to explore your interests so you can choose the best career path for you.

One of the first things you should do when beginning the undeclared major program is consult one of our academic advisors in the Vulcan Materials Academic Success Center. Here, you'll receive guidance as you explore majors and register for your core courses. In addition, you’ll need to take a first year experience (FYE) course, such as Exploring UAB or an FYE course offered by another major program. Your academic advisor will help you declare a major when you’re ready. Just be sure to declare by the time you earn 60 semester hours of coursework.

Delivery Methods


This program delivers most of its content via on-campus, in-person meetings.

Contact Us to Learn More

Contact Information

Counselor Contact Information

Parent/Family Information

Education History

High School

Last High School or College Attended

Most recently attended college or university

Major Information

If you are a current student and wish to change your major, be sure to speak with your current advisor(s). Find your advisor(s) listed on your student profile page when you log in to BlazerNET.

Then you can change your major on BlazerNET. Find more information here.

You may also be interested in:

Back to Top